Tuesday, January 11, 2011

19 Months!

Yesterday Ryan turned 19 months old! Each month seems to go by more quickly than the last leaving me in disbelief that he is yet another month older. Time is slipping by so fast and he is growing so quickly. Hard to believe that he is already 19 months and in just a few short months he will be turning 2! Here is what Ryan has been up to:

*Ryan has had an increase in vocabulary this past month. He says many words but his newest words are Cookie (Coo-Key), Up, Happy, Baby, Pizza (Pete-Sa), and Stop! He has started telling me to "stop" when I am doing something he doesn't like...i.e. changing his diaper or wiping his face. We are working on not telling mommy to stop.

*He also says Tickle-Tickle (Ticka-Ticka) and will tickle anything from your feet to your neck to his highchair to his truck.

*Oh the Tantrums! He is really good at them and has several minor tantrums throughout the day. We just simply ignore them and they last only a few seconds.

*He is VERY strong-willed as I have mentioned before. He makes it very clear when he wants something or doesn't like something.

*He has started grabbing our hands and will try to pull us to show us something or points to something he wants.

*He knows how to shake hands and give knuckles. Super cute!

*We are working on our colors. So far, he knows red and yellow.

*He loves pretending to talk on the phone...probably one of my favorite things he does.

*He is really starting to play with other kids in a way he hasn't done before and is pretty good at sharing his toys.

*He cleans up after himself. If I even mention that it's time to clean up he will start putting toys away on his own.

*He is eating with a spoon or fork with every meal.

*He can follow a two step command. If I ask him to go and bring me his shoes he will even though they may be two different ones. Or if I tell him to get a diaper and bring it to me he will.

*If he is having a bad day and is completely out of sorts, Mickey Mouse Club House does the trick and calms him down.

Ryan certainly has his "crabby" days and tantrums, but he is such a silly little boy and has the world's greatest laugh. He makes me laugh every day and I consider myself so lucky that I get to be home with him through the good days and bad. I just love this little boy!




6 comments:

  1. Such a great snapshot of where he is at a certain age. I would think it would be fun to look back on these posts years from now when he's officially a "big boy".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 19 months! Isn't it crazy how fast they learn at this age? I love the pics, the third one down is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 19 months Ryan! How cute that he gives "knuckles!" and I love how he says, "coo-key" and "ticka-ticka". I would love to see a video of Ryan in action:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great update, Kari! I know you always say how fortunate you are to have him...but guess what... He's also very fortunate to have you and Joey! Love, Uncle John

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a GREAT update. Love the new words & he certainly is looking more and more like a little boy every time I see new pics. CUTE. (And...just wait until "stop" turns into, "No-no, Mama. G'way. [go away]" when D doesn't want his diaper changed or something else.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great update. My son is 17 months and is definitely lacking the "cleans up after himself" skill -- we're definitely gonna have to work on that. Ryan is adorable!

    ReplyDelete