Thursday, March 17, 2011

Lucky Me!

A year ago today I was preparing for our trip to South Korea to bring Ryan home. In three days we were about to board a 15 hour flight that would change our lives forever. I had a hard time focusing on one task as my mind was spinning in a million different directions trying to imagine what the journey to bring Ryan home was going to be like. I tried to enjoy my last few days before becoming a mommy but found that to be almost impossible being that I could barely hold a tought. Now, he has been home for almost a year and things couldn't be any better and I couldn't be any happier. As much fun as going our for St. Patrick's Day may sound on this beautiful day, being at home with my little boy who I waited so long for is exactly how I want to be celebrating. I am feeling especially lucky today just knowing that I have been blessed with the greatest gift. It's amazing the difference a year makes...can't say it enough! Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!!

His shirt says "lucky me" but really, I'm the lucky one!

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it crazy how this last year has flown by? You really are one lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are indeed very lucky and I could not think of a better way to spend St. Patrick's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree...being at home with our boys is the best place to be.

    ReplyDelete