Wednesday, March 23, 2011

One Year Ago Today....

After a 45 minute drive, a ride up an elevator to the 13th floor, and a nervous knock on the door...there he was, THE most beautiful little boy I have ever seen, our son Ryan Kaon. It was the first time seeing him, meeting him, and holding him and it was one of the best days of my life. It's hard to believe that all this took place one year ago today.

One year ago....


Today....


You can Click HERE to read my post from last year after we met Ryan and his foster family for the first time.

5 comments:

  1. Happy Meet-Ryan-Day! It is such an incredible feeling to meet your child for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that makes two years in a row I cried on March 23rd! I watched that video 100 times last year and just thinking of it makes me cry again today! So glad Ryan is a part of our family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was so sweet. I read this yesterday and I really needed it, I was on the phone with fedex trying to figure out why my care package to Mason was being held up in Korea (incorrect form) and was trying to make the necessary corrections. Reading your post from a year ago allowed me to take a deep breath (and a few tears) and put it all into perspective. Congratulations on one year, what a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still cannot believe that we have had our wonderful boys for one year!!! This is such a special week:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh, nothing better than meeting your son for the first time. LOOK AT HIM...what a cutie...still is! Big boy!

    ReplyDelete