Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Best Day Ever....We met our son!

We met our little Ryan-Kaon!!! I know you want pictures first so here you go.....



















Our meeting with Ryan at his foster family's home couldn't have gone better. We first met our social worker at the SWS office. She was adorable and very sweet. The first thing she handed me was a stack of updated photos of Ryan. I couldn't believe how adorable he was and believe it or not...he has hair! Way more hair then I was expecting. Next we took a cab ride to the foster family's home. It was about a 45 minute drive and felt longer because of the anticipation. When we arrived it was nothing like I pictured. The home is in a very tall apartment building on the 13th floor. When Ryan's foster mom opened the door she was holding him and I couldn't believe just how beautiful he was in person. The pictures DO NOT do a justice. He is so tiny...only 20 pounds! We walked into their sitting room and he sat with his foster mom who he is VERY attached too. He then warmed up to Joey and crawled right to him. Yup! He crawls and pulls himself up. He is a busy little boy. You could just see and feel the love from his foster mom. She really took such great care of him and loved him as if he were her biological child. She told us that she feels so happy now that she sees us in person and knows that we will be good parents to Ryan. She asked if we would send her updated pictures. I was so glad that she wants us to!
The foster father and oldest brother were not there. The younger foster brother was there and you could see just how much he LOVES Ryan and how much Ryan loved him too. His foster brother told us that he wants to be a MLB player in the US and when he is he wants to come and visit Ryan...my heart ache at that point!
Here are some things about Ryan...
-When they say his name it sounds like this..Kah-Own-A
-He loves to eat and is not picky but only eats a little bit at a time.
-He is very curious
-He is stubborn
-He takes 3 naps a day and goes to bed at mid-night and wakes up between 7-8am.
-He still wakes up in the middle of the night for a bottle
-He sleeps in bed with his foster family
-He wakes to ANY noise he hears....great!!! Cooper doesn't bark ALL the time so no worries there.
-He baths once a day before bed.
-He has 4 teeth on top and 2 on the bottom.
-He loves to drink water.
-He loves to play with balls...someone please buy some because that's one of the only things we don't have at home for him. Thanks :)
-He is rarely fussy.
-He loves his foster dad and calls his foster mom Oma, which means mom in Korean.
-Ryan is his foster family's 3rd foster baby.

That's all I can think of for now. He is so cute and such a little peanut. We need to fatten that boy up. But the important thing is that he is very strong and very healthy. We were there for about an hour and a half but it felt like 10 minutes. I can't wait for everyone to meet this little guy. He is just beautiful and I can't tell you how much we both love him already. We will be getting Ryan FOREVER on Thursday at 10:30am. My heart is overwhelmed with so much joy and happiness it just may burst. Joey and I consider ourselves truly blessed that God has brought us to Ryan. People keep saying how lucky Ryan will be, but it's the other way around. We are the lucky ones. We have a beautiful, healthy little boy that we get to spend the rest of our lives loving.

One other thing...Ryan's foster mom gave me a HUGE stack of photos of their time together. How awesome is that?!!! One of the pictures of him is from the first week she had him in her home. I am thrilled that we have those pictures for Ryan. Okay, that's all for now. I love him and can't wait to see him again. He's awesome! I know it's going to be an adjustment and take time and patience to get through this transition but I know we will get through it and so will Ryan.

Tonight we are going to have a nice dinner and some Soju! Tomorrow we will be touring around South Korea. We have a whole itinerary planned out. It will be the last day as a family of two (well, 3 if you count Cooper).

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for making me cry! I can't even tell you how happy I am and how beautiful your little boy is, love his hair! The foster brother is cute and of course it made me cry when I read how he wants to visit Ryan in the U.S. Can't wait to meet Ryan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What was I thinking putting my make-up on before checking my computer?? Oh my goodness Kari and Joey, he is so adorable! I'm so glad you put the pictures first because I had already decided to scroll down to those before reading :) I love the picture of Ryan looking up at Joey and Joey is touching his head, it is so sweet and you can tell that Ryan is going to be into everything :) And Kari, you look so extremely happy and beautiful (looks like you found some make-up:) Maggie woke me up at 12:30 on the dot and I couldn't stop thinking that you guys were with Ryan at that time! I can't wait to see you 3 together!!! P.S. I told you he would be smaller then Maggie :) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome day! My heart is racing in excitement - he is SO incredibly cute and you & Joe look the happiest I have seen you! We love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kari, I've been following your blog for some time now. My husband and I are waiting for our referral so I have been reading as many Korean adoption blogs as possible!

    Congratulations on meeting your son and what a wonderful experience you had with the foster family. I can just see the joy in your eyes. Enjoy the rest of your time in Korea and I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew better then to put make-up on! I woke up when Sid got home and was thinking what Jenny was...you were finally with him! What a wonderful day for you and it seems the foster mom was everything you would have wanted for your son and to give you the pictures was awesome. You all look so happy and we're so happy for you! I'm sure he'll get about 25 balls now...you know our family!:) He is adorable...the patch in the back reminds me of Jim's hair:) I love the hair and can't wait to see him in person. Enjoy your day touring around and knowing you will be home with your son soon. Love, T

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was out last night, so the first thing I did when I woke was check-out your blog. What a beautiful day for your family. Your uncle and I can't wait to see you all. Don't be concerned about sounds of the house. He will adjust. He has too, as he has a big Italian family waiting to put their arms around him and love him. I know your dad will be taking pic of your arrival at metro - please share. All our love, you Godparents.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is beautiful!! Can't wait to meet him!! Love all the pictures! Cant believe he is already crawling...watch out Cooper!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats on meeting your cute cute boy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kari, beautiful video, I didn't plan on crying, but there you have it. What an amazing, amazing time for you. Ryan is so beautiful. His foster family seems to be a great one, you are all a blessed family. Congratulations again.

    Charissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Tears! How wonderful! Ryan is adorable and looks/sounds like he is so well cared for.

    Glad things went so smoothly! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. He is absolutely adorable..Congrats to you and your husband!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Kari, he is beautiful, and looks so happy! I am sitting at my desk crying like my name was Jenny! lol. I am so incredibly happy for you and Joey. You two have so much love to give and Ryan is one lucky little boy. I cannot wait to meet him. It will be fun having him at lunch with us. :) Love, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations you guys! He's perfect :) Brings back so many memories. Isabel loved her foster mom so much too. That is SO good... you know he was loved and cared for every day you couldn't be with him. We're so happy for you guys! Can't wait for you to have him in your arms forever :)

    God Bless,
    Carrie, Brian and the kiddos

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ryan is so adorable! I'm so glad your first meeting with him went well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is unbelievable. I'm so glad you guys are enjoying your trip in Korea so far. RYAN IS A DOLL!!! You three look like a very natural and happy family. This blog put a giant smile on my face for the first time all week. :) Love you Kari! Have a shot of soju for me too. Love, Sarah and Dave

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such an amazing day...something you will always remember & cherish. LOVE the photos...especially the one of all of you together. Ryan is beautiful...perfect! Another late-night ah-gee (they all go to bed sooooo late!).

    ReplyDelete