Thursday, March 25, 2010

So far so good...




Would you believe me if I told you that we've had Ryan for 7 hours and hasn't cried once. He has been SO good. Every once in a while he fusses a bit but if we walk with him and pat his back he calms. We'll see what happens tonight and on the 13 hour flight home. He hates the baby carrier and yells when we tried to put it on. Either way we feel lucky that he has been so content for this long.

He loves puffs...so glad I brought some. He goes AhhhhhhAhhhhhhhh....when he wants another one. He will look at Joey and I and just smile. He sure is making up from the lack of smiling he did in his pictures. I also found that when you tickle his tummy he laughs and he LOVES to play peek-a-boo. His foster father always played that with him.

He hardly eats. He actually had a physical this morning before we got him and he weighs a whopping 18 pounds! He is so tiny. He is just a little peanut but has a big personality. He is very curious about every noise catches his attention.

He napped twice today. The first nap was 2 hours long and the second nap was about 40 minutes. We are about to go and grab dinner with him. It will be our first meal as a family. After that he will get a bath. Trying to stick to his schedule as much as possible. I sat him in the tub just to see what he would do and he just sat in there and play with his toys. It was so cute. We were told that he loves bath time.

I'm sure now that I wrote this all hell will break loose. I'm just waiting for this happy content baby to start crying and screaming. We love him and are so excited to get back home.

14 comments:

  1. I just got off this thing and now you updated it again!!! So glad I checked it one more time. :) He is SOOOOO cute!! Love,Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable....especially in that cute hat! I'm quite a proud Auntie:) 18lbs..that's only 8 more pounds then Noah.......at birth!:) I hope they'll be buds, despite the almost 3 year age difference and about 20 lbs.:) Love you and see you tomorrow! T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer (new blog follower!)March 25, 2010 at 6:45 AM

    He is gorgeous! Good luck on your trip home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad things are going great for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww! He really is so so CUTE! GLAD it is going well and I'm saying some prayers right now that the flight goes as smoothly as the first 7 hrs. have! Best wishes to you! Love following along.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's so darn cute!! I could just hug him through the screen! Congratulations you guys!! You know... he may just never have that screaming fit you are fearing. I remember Brian fearing the same thing, and Isabel just never did it. Some kids just do really well! You guys look so perfect together! So happy for you guys!!

    God Bless,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOOOOOOO! He is so adorable! I can't wait to see him in person. Lucy is going to love him!!! I have a heart for thumb suckers with whispy hair that sticks up everywhere ;) I'm so glad that everything went smoothly the last couple of days. I know it must have been tough for everybody, but such a happy, exciting time! Have a safe trip home!
    Love you guys,
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is darling! I hope the plane ride went well for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is just so precious!! The last post made me cry!! I'm trying to prepare myself for the emotions of the day we receive Cooper, but I know the tears will flow & emotions will be beyond comprehension! I'm just so happy for you guys that your dream has finally come true!! Be safe on the way home!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This blog is the BEST THING EVER!! Your posts are WONDERFUL and it makes me feel like you guys are not so far away. Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us all. Ryan is a little peanut, he needs some mac 'n' cheese! Stella and Aidan can't wait to play with him. Have a safe trip home. Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. So great to see pictures of you with Ryan! I hope Ryan, you, and your hubby do well on the plane ride home!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a SWEETIE! Sounds great so far. Safe travels home. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hopefully you had a better trip home than we did. We also have a little peanut. I need to buy some clothes because everything I have is too big!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cutie - congratulations! We're still early in our adoption process so I'm gleaning all I can from other blogs. I look forward to hear how you're all adjusting. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete