Friday, March 19, 2010

Leaving Tomorrow!

I can't believe that I am typing the words "leaving tomorrow." It's crazy! I knew this day would eventually come but it is still hard to believe that this is actually happening. People keeping asking me if I'm excited and my only answer to them is that I am 'everything.' There isn't one adjective that best describes how I am feeling because I have so many mixed emotions. Yes I am very excited to finally meet my beautiful son and to become a mommy but I am also sad for his foster family who has loved and cared for him for 9 months now. I will be forever grateful for all they have done because I have never doubted for a second that he wasn't being loved and cared for the way he deserved to be.

I am also nervous to fly. I've never been a huge fan of flying so to travel so far for so long makes me very nervous. I know it will be okay and I will get through it, but my stomach turns when I think about being on a plane for 18.5 hours total...holy cow!!!! I have heard so many wonderful things about Seoul so I am very excited to go there to see for myself just how wonderful it is. It will also be so nice to see where Ryan has spent the first 9 months of his life too:)

Our lives are about to change forever. In one weeks time SO much is going to happen and it will be hard to take it all in. Not only are we traveling half around the world, we are also adopting a baby AND becoming parents for the very first time. Wow! One week from today we will be arriving home with our son and I can't tell you how excited that makes me. We will be greeted at the airport by close family all eagerly waiting to finally meet Ryan. This is actually happening. I still can't believe it. God has finally answered our prayers and we are so blessed.

So today I will enjoy my time alone with my little doggy who's world is about to change also. He has been the center of our live for the past 2 and half years and has been there to make us laugh and to offer some cuddles when times were rough. I know he is just a dog but he has brought so much joy to our lives and I know he is going to be so great with Ryan. He loves kids and I think once he gets use to the change, he and Ryan will be best buds!

Off I go. I need to finish a few things before we leave tomorrow and try to take in this moment. I can't believe this is actually happening. I am so "everything" right now!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! So exciting!

    I hope you are planning on blogging from Korea!

    Savor and enjoy every moment in Seoul.

    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you all the best! You worded it so well, when you said you are 'everything' right now - this is such an emotional time. I'm so excited for your family, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great posting.

    Have an amazing trip! The wait is over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kari!
    I know we don't know each other, but we are a Bethany family waiting on our TC for a daughter any day now. We live in NE Indiana, so we are pretty close to you guys. This will be our third Korean adoption and we have two precious boys at home! I plan to follow your blog and can't wait to see you with your sweet little 'worried' boy! I wish the best for your flights! Amy (I'm agerber3 on the boards)

    ReplyDelete