Monday, March 22, 2010

Today is a BIG day!

Hi Everyone! Just wanted to send a quick update! It's just after 7:00am here and I slept okay. We both fell asleep at 7:30pm and I woke up off and on throughout the night. Every time I would wake up I would think about Ryan and how excited I am that in just HOURS we will be meeting him. Then at around 2am I woke up STARVING so I grabbed a snack. Still not use to this time change.

I still can't believe this! I had dreams about Ryan ALL night last night and would wake up with my heart and mind racing not being able to fall back to sleep. I just can't wait. This is so surreal.

I am going to get Joey up know so we can grab a coffee at the Starbucks down the street. Then I am going to have a bowl of oatmeal that I brought and relax before meeting our social worker. Then it's off to meet our little guy! Yay!!!

Thanks for all the comments everyone! It makes being so far away from home seem not so far :)
Love ya guys!!!!

14 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know I could post comments! I'm so excited for you both to meet him...I keep looking at the time and counting down the hours till 1:30 p.m. Korean time! I love you and miss you!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked Jenny's previous post about constantly checking your blog - I feel the same way, almost like a stalker! I'm just so excited for you becoming a family of 3 and for this amazing adventure you are living right now. We can't wait for you to return and get on with the best part - living the rest of your lives together making life-long memories as Mommy, Daddy, and Son (Cooper too!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kari,

    You are in my prayers...
    Ryan is one lucky little boy!

    Love to your new family,
    Carol B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeaaa I am going to a MANNA again for the 5th time!! Can hardly wait to meet this lucky little boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yea----PaPa is excited too!! Can't forget him? I'm so excited I almost did forget him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Uncle John says hello to Ryan. I was thinking of some very interesting coincidences. My Uncle, your Grandpa Fox's only brother, John E. Fox, who I was named after, was killed in action during the Korean War. I never met him...and now you will be meeting your new son, in Korea! I'm so happy for you Kari and Joey...
    Uncle John

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a serious problem...I'm not only counting the hours, I'm counting the minutes. What is wrong with me...I am just so excited for you guys, can't stop thinking about it! Have a wonderful day and take in every minute of it. Can't wait to wake up tomorrow morning and see pictures. Time for bed here in the States :) Love, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kari and Joey!!! yum. korean starbucks! well, i'll bet you meeting Ryan right about now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Kari..Kelly gave me your blog..your story has been amazing...enjoy today...Congrats!! Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so excited! Cannot wait for you to meet him!! Love, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  12. Joey and Kari, all of my family is anxiously awaiting your first encounter with Ryan. We are so excited for you and are constantly checking your blog. Thank you so much for sharing this very special time with all of us!

    Nancy D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing your happiness.

    ReplyDelete