Monday, March 22, 2010

Update from Seoul

Can you believe that tomorrow we will be meeting our son for the first time?! Wow! I still have a hard time believing that this is actually happening. I still can't believe that we are in South Korea. Even with being surrounded by millions of Korean people I'm having a difficult time believing all of this. This is crazy! Good crazy though :)

We just got back from venturing out into downtown Seoul. It is pretty easy to make your way around here. The subway system was easy and many of the things are in English so we didn't have trouble finding our way. Speaking of subway, that was my first time on a subway system ever!!!! Geez...have I been living under a rock or what!!!! As soon as we got off of the subway it started pouring rain. The first place we saw we stopped to buy umbrellas. Then the rain turned to a slushy, snowy mess causing slippery, messy roads and sidewalks. We went to this crazy out door market in Nandaemum that is filled with TONS of little shops and stores. It was just a bunch of winding roads that veered off in a million directions with tons of people walking around. Kind of hard to explain. We planned to do more shopping than we did but the weather was awful so we left and found a little restaurant to eat at. The food was very good and it was nice to just sit and take in this whole experience.

We just got back to SWS and we are soaking wet and freezing cold. We probably looked like fools walking around with our winter coats, hats, and scarves while everyone else is wearing trendy little coats and no hats!!! Oh well, at least we stayed warm . Just as we were walking to our room we heard a baby screaming it's head off. Must be another family here that just got their little one. Poor baby:( Now we are going to watch a movie on our laptop and relax. It's only 6:00pm here but I'm sure we will fall asleep very soon. We are both exhausted....

The pictures are of our room at SWS and in Nanaemum the outside of the restaurant we ate at. Tomorrow's pictures of be of our little Ryan...I can't wait to meet him.
P.S....our luggage will be delivered tomorrow between 2-5pm...not before going to meet Ryan and his foster family. Bummer.








6 comments:

  1. I ran to my computer this morning to see if you had updated yet! I am so happy you did!!! You look like you guys are having a great time. I hope you are sound asleep right now as I write this and wake up refreshed and ready to meet Ryan on Tuesday. I'm counting down the hours for you and can't wait to turn my computer on tomorrow morning!!! Driving home from work today isn't gonna be the same w/o talking to you all the way home! Love,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I miss Seoul! You are staying in the same room we stayed in!

    Sounds like you are enjoying yourselves! Don't worry too much about the gifts. You can always bring the foster mother some flowers if you have time to get some before you meet with her. Then you can give her the gifts the day you receive Ryan.

    Tomorrow is the big day! I know what you mean about not really believing that you are actually there. I felt kind of numb throughout our trip and for a while even after we came home. It was kind of like there were too many things and emotions for my brain to process. :)

    Enjoy tomorrow! Can't wait to see pictures of your sweet little prince!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for tomorrow either! Hopefully I have time to look at home and show the kids, otherwise my students will be wondering why I can't stop crying! Well I guess I may being doing it on and off all day anyways after I seeing that you are finally together as a family! I think Jenny needs to bring more then one box of Kleenex for our emotional bunch! Gotta get my students to lunch. Hope you are enjoying some rest right now, but I can't imagine you can sleep right now. You are so close! Yea! Love, T

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is for Joey, he knows the joke....I'm correcting my typo on the 4th line....."seeing" should be "see", or you can take out the "I" and leave "seeing":) T

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, that looks exactly like the room we stayed in! The food looks delicious, and isn't Nandaemum interesting? I can't wait to read your post tomorrow about meeting Ryan!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been out of town & just got caught up on your blog!!! I'm so excited you'll be meeting Ryan soon!!! Can't wait to hear all of the advice you have for me when you get back!! And if you haven't read the Holt forum today....we got I600 Approval!!! So, hopefully, we'll get to be in your shoes soon!! AIAA has lots of babies being brought home!!!

    ReplyDelete