Monday, March 15, 2010

Travel Call!!!!

Travel Call! Travel Call! I can't believe this day has finally come. Our travel call came this morning at around 10:30am. I froze when I looked at my phone and saw the number I had waited to see for what feels like so long now. We already booked our flight and will be leaving this Saturday at 7:15pm. We fly to L.A. and arrive there at 9:00pm. which will be midnight our time. Then we have a 3 hour layover and leave at 12:30am from L.A. and fly to Seoul. It's 13 hours from L.A. to Seoul....Yikes!!!! We will be headed home on Friday the 26th. We leave Seoul at 11:40am and arrive in Atlanta at 10:20am with a 2 hour layover. From Atlanta we fly to Detroit and arrive at 2:30pm. It's going to be one heck of an adventure but I can't wait! I'm not sure where we will be staying yet. We are waiting to hear back from our agency to let us know if there is availability at SWS or if we have to get a hotel. We are also waiting to hear when we will meet our son for the first time. I'm assuming we will meet him on Tuesday which will be exactly one week from today (Korea time). SO exciting!!!!

Today has been crazy and I am so exhausted from not getting any sleep the past few nights and I am so excited that we will finally have our son home with us. He has already brought so much joy to our lives and he isn't even here yet.I can only imagine the joy that is about to come. It's been quite the journey but one with a very happy ending. We are so lucky.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! We got our TC today too so let me know if you would like to meet for lunch or dinner while we are in Korea:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog the other day. Congratulations on your travel call!!! You must be soooo excited. I can't wait to follow your journey to Seoul and back to get that handsome little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations you guys! I still remember this day for our family and will never forget it. I'm so anxious for you guys to go get him, I can only imagine how you are feeling!! Can't wait to see you guys together as a family! Prayers for a safe trip! Go get that baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! What an exciting day for you!!! I look forward to following along during your travels.

    p.s. I found your blog because someone came to ours through the link on the side.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Manna & PaPa are anxiously waiting for our newest grandson!! Congratulations to you both. What a lucky little boy to have you both as parents.  Love lots of it is being sent your way!!!    WE WILL be there!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete