Saturday, March 27, 2010

Home

We are finally home. After a long 15 hour flight with a very unhappy baby who screamed and cried almost the whole time, we are finally home. It feels so good to be home but we are all sick. Last night my husband woke up throwing up and has been in bed all day and I have a cold and feel so achy. On top of us being sick, Ryan is too. He already had to go to the doctor's today. His nose was continuously runny and it turned a nasty green. Gross! So I called my pediatrician and she told me to take him to an after hours pediatrician. Thankfully my mom came over and came with me and helped me out. Turns out he has an ear infection in both ears. Ugh...poor thing. He is on antibiotics now so hopefully he will feel better tomorrow. So today I haven't had a break being that my husband is in bed sick. I have been playing mommy and nurse and it's really taking a toll on me. I had a few melt downs today because I am feeling so overwhelmed and it doesn't help that I am sick and jet lagged. I know it will get better. I will update as soon as we are all feeling better and have more energy to write. Welcome to being a mommy ;)

Don't get me wrong, I am so glad to be home and to finally have my baby. He is adorable and is such a brave little guy. For never sleeping in a crib before he has taken 3 naps in it and slept in it last night...even though he woke up every 1 and a half. It's a start.

Okay. Need to lay down. Thanks for all the support and comments everyone. It really means a lot.

11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, you have so much going on right now. I'm so sorry you are all so sick! Coming home with a new baby, jet lagged and sick is definitely overwhelming. It will all get better with time. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baptism by fire is what you have now. It will get better. Change is difficult at any age and Ryan is having to change his schedule the most. He will be fine soon and feel all the love you two are giving him and all will be fine soon. Hope you all feel better soon. All our love and prayers. Can't wait to see him in person. Love Aunt Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no!! Too much at first...TOO MUCH! I'm so sorry everyone is sick and that this is a really rough start. I bet Ryan had that ear infection on the plane too...thus the reason for the screaming/crying all the way home (ouch...I'm so sorry about that too!). Poor little guy! I'm so glad your mom is there to help...definitely let her help more with things around the house. Please try to get some rest...even though that sounds really difficult right now (impossible). I hope everyone starts feeling better very soon and things get easier. Blog hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kari, let me know if we can do anything to help out...we are not too far from you! If you need someone to run to the store, cook for you, anything...I am happy to help. Take care of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! I'm so sorry you guys are all sick :( Just take it a day at a time and you'll be better before you know it. I've flown on a plane with plugged head and ears.. I bet that's why little Ryan was so upset... It hurts :( Poor little guy! If it gets crazy take it an hour or a minute at a time :) When it settles brew a pot of coffee or tea and restart the day (Multiple times if needed :) ). If you guys need ANYTHING don't hesitate to call... we aren't that far away. Praying you feel better fast! Sorry to hear how rough your first day home has been! Just think of the bright side... after this, regular life will seem almost easy!

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome home.
    I am sorry all of you are having such a rough start.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry you guys aren't feeling well. I was just about to call but I didn't want to bother all of you! If you need anything at all PLEASE CALL US!!! I'll be thinking about you guys. Poor little Ryan...they are very resilient at this age so he will be feeling better soon and adjust to everything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry for your rough transition home! Being sick and jet-lagged is not a good combination. Hoping you all feel better soon--hang in there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry that you are all sick! I hope everyone feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome home. So sorry you are sick! That just stinks!

    Hoping each new day is easier. Hang in there! Things will get better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Joe, Kari,& Ryan,

    We are so happy you are all home, but sorry you are all struggling physically. I am so close and willing to be of help if there is anything I can do. Can I at least make some soup for you?

    God Bless You!
    your Manchester neighbor, Marie

    ReplyDelete