Thursday, March 4, 2010

Banana Bread

My cousin Nikki posted a recipe for homemade banana bread on her blog that I came across yesterday. Since I love to bake and am always up for a new recipe I decided to baked a loaf. My house is filled with the delicious aromas of banana bread yumminess and it smells so good. Not only does it smell good, it tastes wonderful. Especially with a little pad of butter or peanut butter on it! Hope you will enjoy is as much I I did!

Banana Bread

INGREDIENTS
4 very ripe bananas, smashed
1/3 cup melted butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon orange extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup chopped walnuts + some to sprinkle on top

Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix. Sprinkle a few walnuts on top. Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan. Bake for (about) 1 hour. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment