Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Ryan 2.5


It's been quite awhile since I've posted an update on my little...I mean BIG boy! I Can't believe he's already over 2 and a half years old and I'm not sure why he feels the need to grow up so quickly. He is at such a fun age....and challenging!!! It feels like he went from a little boy to a toddler over night and there are days I look at him and can't believe how much he has changed and how proud I am of how far he's come. Here is what Ryan has been up to...

Interest-
*Ryan still loves trucks, cars, and trains.
*He loves Fire Trucks and loves to pretend to squirt people with this hose.
*He has a new found love for Monster Trucks and wants to watch live monster truck shows.
*He loves puzzles
*He still loves the Cars movie and characters
*He is obsessed with Chuggington and Mickey Mouse. Sesame Street isn't his favorite anymore :(
*He still loves books and will "pretend" he can read the words on the page...this is so cute!
*He now isn't afraid of Play Doh anymore and enjoys playing with that!
*Ryan also loves to be chased and to play hide and seek.

Activities-
*Ryan is enrolled in a tumbling/gymnastics class once a week that we do together.
*We still goes to Mommy & Me preschool together.
*Ryan loves having friends over and will ask me if "people can come over"
*Ryan's favorite thing to do is "play" monster trucks/cars/trains/color etc with Mommy or Daddy. He loves us playing with him. Honestly, I love that he wants me to spend so much time with him because soon enough he'll want nothing to do with me.

Vocabulary-
I feel like Ryan has gone from saying a few words to talking like an adult over night. There are so many words/phrases that crack us up. Here are just a few...
*Ryan's newest thing to say is..."Mommy and Daddy are in big trouble for crushing all the eggs"-Not sure where this came from.
*When he wants to be held he says "hold you me"
*"Watch Chuggington?" "Watch Mickey?"
*"I don't wanna clean up"
*"Awesome"
*"My breakfast delicious"
*"I'm broken, I need fixed" -With this he is pretending to be a robot
*In the morning he says "Mommy, Daddy come get me, I wake up"
*"Good Morning mommy, I sleep good"
*"I scared, a monster come get me"
*He knows the words to jingle bells, twinkle twinkle, I'm a little coo coo clock, rudolph the red nosed reindeer.
*He loves to take any word and sing it to the tune jingle bells.
*I need... this is said for everything..."I need Tee Tee", I need juice please", "I need water please"
*"I don't wanna watch the news"---He says this when I'm watching the news.
*Ryan has been complimented on how polite he can be. We work really hard to get him to say please and thank you. Most times I don't even need to remind him anymore. At a restaurant when the waitress brought his food he said "THANKS!!!" without having to be told.. SO cute.

Strengths...
*Ryan is a very friendly kid and loves to be around others.
*Ryan has a GREAT memory...this kid doesn't miss a beat or forget anything.
*He is a great napper...2-3 hours every afternoon
*He sleeps through the night the majority of the time.
*He is very polite.
*He plays well with other kids and tends to favor kids a little older than him.

Weaknesses...
*Ryan is very strong willed and get upset easily in a tear fest sort of way.
*He is a picky eater. He won't touch veggies or any kind of meat.
*He can be very impatient and gets easily frustrated.
*He isn't much of a fan of babies and kids younger than him.
*He is becoming sassy and mouthy...we are working on this every day! Gotta love 2 year olds!

Imagination...
*Ryan has started pretending with this toys. I often here him talking with his toys or he makes them talk to one another.
*He will pretend something is chasing him or that he is running through a car wash.
*He says "I scared, a monster/dinosaur/boogyman etc coming"

General...
*Ryan still loves his Tee Tee (blanket) but only get's "him" at nap time and bed time due to thumb sucking.
*He loves to help us with everything...cleaning, putting away laundry, fixing things. He still runs to get his toy tools when something needs to be fixed.
*He loves a few strange movies that most kids his age probably don't...Harry Potter and Goonies are a few examples. I believe Ryan is a little bit of an old soul.
*Ryan is so desperate for a cup of coffee and will ask for a cup EVERY morning while we have ours. He says, "I need coffee too".
*He has become obsessed with turning lights on and off and is fascinated by zippers!
*He loves Cooper and loves giving him treats and will now open the cupboard and get one for him on his own.
*Ryan is enrolled in 3 year old preschool for next fall...sniff sniff. This will be 2.5 hours twice a week with an awesome teacher! I think this will be so good for him.
*Ryan will hopefully be starting Tae Kwon Do in the summer.
*He loves to do EVERYTHING by himself...take off his coat, shoes, feed Cooper, Take off his diaper etc.
*He wants nothing to do with potty training...we still have 9 month before preschool!

That's all I can think of even though there are millions of things he says and does on a daily basis! He's a funny and silly little boy and although he can be naughty and sassy, he is very loving and sweet and just wants to make us happy.




2 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS KARI! What a big boy!.... I need to do an update like this for my kids too.... one of these days!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great update! I love that you guys are in trouble for crushing all the eggs -- so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete