Thursday, June 17, 2010

Brave Little Boy

Ryan is the bravest little boy I have ever met. My husband and I made the decision to have Ryan circumcised and today was the big day. I have been dreading this surgery for weeks and have been so upset and stressed over it. Well, today was the day and everything went smoothly. Of course I was freaking out the night before because Ryan couldn't eat or drink after midnight and he loves his morning breakfast. I thought for sure it was going to be a rough morning but he didn't seem to notice things were a little off schedule today. We had to be at the hospital at 8 and his surgery was scheduled at 9:30. He did so good. He barely whined and was such a good boy. He even fell asleep in my arms while we were waiting, which never happens. The procedure itself went well and I am so thankful for that. The hardest part was hearing him scream and cry in the recovery room before I was allowed back there. He broke my hear today. He was so scared but as soon as they handed him to me he stopped crying. I held him and he sucked down his juice so quickly and while holding him I actually started crying. I was just so proud of him. I fed him puffs on the ride home and he couldn't eat them fast enough. Once we got home I fed him lunch and honestly I don't know how he ate so much so fast. Poor little guy was so hungry. He played for little after that and then napped for almost 3 hours. After he woke up from his nap he was so happy, as if he never had a little surgery with anaesthesia. Like I said, such a brave little boy.
Unfortunately Joey had to be out of town for work and couldn't be there even though he so badly wanted to be. My awesome mom was there to save the day and I appreciate her so much. So glad it's over and so glad my brave little boy is sleeping contently in his crib.

This is before his surgery in his fishy hospital gown...

So cute in that gown!

Recovery...check out his hair! The nurses just loved him and that crazy hair of his!

5 minutes after getting home he immediately went to his favorite toy

Right before bed....feeling back to normal...He was actually dancing in this picture!

3 comments:

  1. Wow...wow an amazing little guy. We've talked about this as well...but that is as far as we've gotten...not sure we'll get any further. Such a hard decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember this so well and it was 9 years ago. These little guys bounce back so quickly. Andrew was running around like nothing ever happened. Glad it went so well for your family!

    ReplyDelete