Thursday, June 10, 2010

My Baby is 1 today...

Happy Birthday to my beautiful baby boy! What a blessing he has been. He is growing up so fast and is learning very quickly and I am so proud of him for how well he has adjusted giving all that he has been through in his short little life. I also can't help but think about his birth mom today. Actually, I've been thinking about her all week. One year ago today she made a very tough decision and because of that decision I got to become a mother to one of the most amazing little boys. I am forever grateful to Ryan's birth mother for the fact that because of her we are truly blessed to have Ryan as our son. I am also so very thankful for the love and care his wonderful foster family gave to him until Ryan found his way to us. Although I wasn't there when my little boy was born, I know that he has always been loved and cared for since day one. I am so happy Ryan is in our lives.

Ryan is learning so much and it seems as though each week brings something new and exciting. Here's what Ryan has been up to...

*He weighs 19 lbs. 2 ounces...Peanut!
*He is 28.5 inches long
*He is getting his first molar...tooth number 9
*He says mama, dada, na na, and babbles tons of other sounds
*He shakes his head no
*He just starting pointing at things but points with his whole hand
*He claps ALL the time...especially after each bite of food. Sometimes I look over and he is just sitting there clapping!
*He loves bath time but hates his pool and water table
*He is still not walking but pulls himself up and walks around the furniture and pushes his walkers around
*He LOVES Cooper
*He gives kisses all the time....even to Cooper. He will just lean over with his mouth open to give a kiss...so cute.
*He just discovered Elmo and loves him.
*He still sleeps through the night
*He loves fruit...pear, watermelon, and strawberries are his favorite
*He stil sucks his thumb and holds his blanket when he is tired

This next year will bring many new adventures and it is going to be so much fun watching Ryan learn and grow more and more with each week that passes. I know everyone keeps saying how lucky Ryan is to have such a great family but really, my husband and I are the lucky ones. Ryan is such a sweet little boy and has brought so much joy and happiness to our lives. We love you Ryan. Happy 1st Birthday!





6 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Ryan!! He is such a sweetie, and I loved reading the update on him. Enjoy celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Ryan!! What a special day... he is TOO cute!! I completely know how you feel about his birth mother and foster family. I will always love Isabel's, even though I may never know them. They are a part of who she is and their selfless choices helped her find her way to us have made her our daughter.

    Smash that Cake Ryan!!! Can't wait to see the pics.

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy FIRST BIRTHDAY, Ryan! Such an important day. LOVE this update. He is doing great. I remember the clapping and shaking the head "no." D did those right around the same time.

    It just keeps getting better & better. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I can't be there for Ryan's first b-day party this weekend...
    I swear the more I look at him the more I see Joey's eyes...(but definitely not Joey's nose) Happy Birthday, Ryan. From Great Uncle John

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy first birthday! I can't believe he is one already! What a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! I love reading your blog as we wait for our referral. I just wanted to mentioned about the pointing with his whole hand in case you didn't know. In Korean culture it is rude to point at things with your finger so they "point" with their whole hand. So you have a very smart little boy who remembers what he was probably taught by his foster Mom.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete