Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Baby Pictures

Newborn photos of Ryan are something we never had until today! I have only dreamed of what his sweet little faced look liked the day he was born or soon after. Here is a time when I can say thank you to facebook! Facebook has given me the opportunity to join a group of other Korean Adoptive families who are either in the process of adopting, have already adopted or both. There are about 80 women in this group from all over the country that I feel like I am really getting to know. It's been an awesome support and way to find out information. It is a wonderful way to feel connected to others that are going through the same thing and know that you aren't alone in this process.
Last week someone had posted in the adoption group that they emailed the SWS Post Adoption Services inquiring early photos of their child. This person then received several photos a few days later. This person was ever so kind to share this information with us. Up until then, I didn't even know we could contact anyone in Korea regarding this informaiton. So glad for this group because I would have otherwise missed out on these very important photos of Ryan. So, this morning when I woke up these photos were waiting for me from this very nice lady in Korea... I wish I could give her a great a big hug.
She has no idea how much these pictures of Ryan mean to us and will someday mean to him. I was and still am overwhelmed with emotions and am so thankful that we have these beautiful pictures. He was and still is so precious.






10 comments:

  1. That is just absolutely amazing. I'm so happy for you (and Ryan).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh those are too special. I am so happy you were able to get these. I did not know we could contact SWS directly either.

    Is there any way that you could email me the info on the Korean Adoptive Families' Facebook page that you joined? I would really like to join as well. My email is jmtorlay@yahoo.com

    Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such amazing pictures of Ryan! Thanks for sharing. So happy to have this awesome group of women! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! This is amazing. I had no idea this was possible. Is there any way you can share the information about how to contact SWS?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, My name is Amanda. We are in process of adopting our 20 month old little boy from S Korea. I would love to connect with other KA families.

    Is there any way that you could email me the info on the Korean Adoptive Families' Facebook page that you joined? I would really like to join as well. My email is amandamurry@bellsouth.net

    Thanks for the connection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, they are super sweet Kari:) I am so happy for you and your husband! It is so great that you were able to get the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am very happy for your family. I did not know that we can ask SWS for pics of our baby. I don't want to have facebook account. If you don't mind, please email me info of the lady in Korea at SWS. I hope to have pics of my baby too. Thank you so much. Mag.
    quan7395.anh20198@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are in the midst of our second adoption from Korea. Just got our referral last week! We also don't do Facebook.
    Could you email me about how you went about emailing SWS? We would love to ask about our 3yr olds photos. Thanks. Samek@charter.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello- I linked to your blog because I follow Christine's blog 12,450 miles. My name is Renee and my husband and I have two children that were born in S.Korea and adopted through SWS. I am a SAHM and my son is almost four and my daughter is two. Could you let me know what person you contacted at SWS Post Adoption to request the newborn pictures from? I so appreciate any info you could provide. My email address is theodore@twcny.rr.com
    thanks :)

    ReplyDelete