Sunday, May 2, 2010

Waving and Sharing

This weekend Ryan started doing two new things...Waving and sharing his food. We have been working on waving hi and good-bye everyday and this evening while he was sitting in his high chair he started waving to himself. It was SO adorable. The funny thing is, is that he waves with one hand and tries to clap with the other. I love it!!!! I have also been working with him on sharing his food with me when he is eating. I ask him if mommy can have a bite or piece of whatever it is he is eating and I would take whatever was in his hand and bring it to my mouth. Today while eating his watermelon I asked him if mommy could have a bite and he picked up a piece of watermelon and put it in my mouth. I was so excited!!!! He did the same thing to his grandma when she asked for a piece of watermelon too! I love the fact that he is learning new things but I love even more that he is starting to understand what I am saying to him. Watching him learn is so rewarding.

Here is a pic of him waving and clapping at the same time.

6 comments: