Sunday, December 12, 2010

18 Months!!!!

This past Friday Ryan turned 18 months! I can't believe he is already a year and a half. Crazy how fast time is going by and I know I I say this every month but it makes me a little sad that he is growing up so fast. However, he is so much fun and I love watching him transform into a toddler.
At 18 Months Ryan is....

*22 lbs. 6.5 ounces and is 31.2 inches long

*A very busy little boy who has discovered a new love for toys. He can sit and play with one toy for 30-45 minutes!!!

*He is starting to "pretend" while playing and reading.

*He is becoming very independent and wants to do everything himself....eating with a spoon or fork, drinking out of a cup, rinsing himself off with a cup in the bath, etc.

*He has a very special love for dancing and has a signature move.

*He closes his eyes when he doesn't like something or is embarrassed.

*Can be VERY impatient.

*He says many words/sounds. His newest are Hot (Ha T), Balloon (Bee-a), More (Mmmm), Makes the B sound for Berries, and says Baaaaaaa for Please.

*He walks into the kitchen and points the fridge when he wants his milk or water.

*He is very good at cleaning up his toys...does this on his own without me even telling him.

*Still loves books and will sit on our lap to listen to book after book.

*It's a toss up between Mickey and Elmo...I think Mickey is winning these days.

*He LOVES Santa Claus!

*He is becoming very social and loves being the center of attention.

*He is VERY loud and loves to be heard....we are working on this when we are in public.

*He eats like a grown man these days and loves his fruit! He is out of 12 month clothes and is wearing 18 months now.

Some Random Pics

Mr. Independent


My Little Buddy


Cheese!

4 comments:

  1. I still have trouble knowing when to use my inside voice. :) What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's the signature move? You'll have to get a video of that.
    Happy 18 months Ryan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so adorable! Santa Claus and Mickey, he has great taste!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 18 months Ryan! I agree with Sandra, we need a video of his signature move!

    ReplyDelete