Monday, April 19, 2010

A Clap, A Kiss, A Hug and A Dance!

I will have to say that the best part of being a parent so far is watching my child learn new things. This past week Ryan learned to clap his hands and now he does it all the time. It's so cute. Every time he starts clapping we start clapping too and say Yay!!!!! He cracks a smile and keeps clapping. He also learned to give kisses. When ever I hold one of his stuff animals close to him I tell him to give it a kiss. He will open his mouth, lean forward, and put his mouth right on the stuff animal. I love this. He started to give me kisses as well. It's so fun watching him learn new things. The last two days he started giving hugs. He will rest his head on my shoulder and put his arms around my neck. It's so sweet and I am absolutely loving how affectionate he is and how much is bonding with me.

Another thing Ryan started doing is dancing. He will do this at random times and I LOVE it! He bends his little legs and moves around. I think it's so funny how they pick up on things and learn things on their own. The last few days have been great. The screaming events have subsided and are much less often. He even slept through the night last night without waking up screaming. When he does scream I put my finger to his mouth and say Shhh. I then talk to him in a whisper and it seems to stop the screaming immediately.

We are working on waving hi and good-bye, giving high five and some sign language to help us communicate with him.
Tomorrow Ryan goes back to the doctor's to make sure his ears are all better. He will also be weighed again and I'm very curious to see how much weight he has gained in the last three weeks. I am guessing not very much being that he is very active and is constantly crawling around. However, this kid has quite the appetite and really loves his food.

Here are a few updated pics...







7 comments:

  1. Awww! What a cutie! I agree--watching your kids learn new things is one of the best parts of being a parent. I'm so glad that his screaming seems to be better, and yay for sleeping through the night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see how happy you all are. Life is good, children make it better. Only 15 days and we will be in MI - again. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is just so adorable! He's a smart little thing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy that Ryan is not screaming so much!! He is surely a very smart little boy and I just love his teeth!!! They are so cute. The picture's are adorable. You guys are so blessed and Ryan is such a lucky little boy to have you guys as his parents! God is good! Manna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not much can be added on my end, since so many have covered just how cute he is and how fun it is to hear about his latest learning adventures, but I can say that every time I read your blogs or see the new photos, I definitely find myself smiling because it is so great to read about, and it's so wonderful to read about the love you have for your son. Once again, I am so very happy for all of you and can't wait to watch Ryan continue to grow. What a cute little man.

    Charissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it amazing to watch them learn new things?! I remember watching X learn how to sit on a stool - things that are easy for us, but we totally take for granted. It's so fun to see the world through their eyes.

    Glad the screaming is happening less often and that sleep is getting better. He sounds like a happy baby boy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the leg shot. So cute.
    Learning new things is fun!!

    ReplyDelete