Monday, April 26, 2010

One Month Home!






Wow! Home one month! In so many ways I find it hard to believe that it's only been a month because it feels so much longer than that. At times it feels like this whole thing never happened and Ryan has been here all along. My friend who adopted her little girl from Guatemala 5 years ago, told me that once Ryan is home it will feel like he had always been there. At the time I didn't think it would be possible to feel that way but it's so true. Ryan has been in our lives for just over a month now and I seriously can't remember what my life was like before him. Well, the only thing I do remember is NOT having him and wishing I did! He has been the greatest blessing and although at times things are challenging, I wouldn't trade our new life with him for the world!!

Ryan is doing SO well and honestly we couldn't be more lucky with how well he has adjusted given all that he went through. He is such a special little boy and I can't help but love him so much. I love his personality and how he loves to eat! I love how he laughs when being tickled and cries for no reason at all. I love how he says mamamama all the time and now actually associates me with that word. I love how he whispers dadada and truly loves his dada and loves playing with him. In just one month he has brought so much joy and happiness to our lives. I am so happy and all that waiting was so worth it.

The last few days my husband and I have finally starting looking back on our trip to Korea and in some strange way actually miss it there. It's really hard to explain but we do. We visited two Asian markets this weekend and my husband made homemade Kimchi. The aroma of the spices and pickled cabbage filled our house. Sounds gross but in so many ways we loved it and the smell immediately brought us back to our time in Korea. We keep saying that we wish we were able to enjoy being in Korea a little more but the whole experience was so surreal so it was really hard to take it all in. I'm so happy that we were able to spend time in Korea to see just how beautiful the country really is. Some day we will go back when Ryan is much older so he too can see what a beautiful place Korea is and to see where he spent the first 9 months of his life.

Life is good and I am so blessed that our little peanut is finally home with us and our life as a family has finally begun.

8 comments:

  1. what a beautiful day today, Kari!
    Love,
    Uncle John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy One Month Home! I still cannot believe a month has gone by. Ryan is so cute in these pictures:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that Ryan is doing well! He is such a cutie--love those eyes of his. And we miss Korea a lot, too. There are many times that I actually feel homesick for Seoul. Nothing like the smell of kimchi to take you back there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy one month home! I totally know what you mean about missing Korea - we only saw Seoul, but want to go back so badly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is just so darling! Doesn't time fly and stand still all at once sometimes? I was just looking at video in the camcorder of our boys at age 1 and 2...now they are suddenly 4 and 5,and I know that will happen with our Audrey and your Ryan too!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on one month home with your precious boy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One month already!! I love this site so much. i check it almost everyday and enjoy the pictures so so much!! Ryan looks so happy and well adjusted.How could he not?? with great parents like you guys? The top picture looks like he has a bow in his hair (only the flower!) Looking forward to seeing you all soon. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy one month!! Love the updates, he's so adorable! You guys are blessed!

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete