Friday, April 9, 2010

First Family Dinner Out...Korean Style!

After two weeks of being home and having a little craving for some Korean food, the three of us went out for a nice Korean dinner. When we walked in the restaurant the smell immediately reminded me of Korea. It made me for the first time think back to just how wonderful that trip and experience really was. It was our first restaurant experience with Ryan. I was of course a little nervous on how Ryan would be but he was SO good. He sat in his little highchair and ate puffs and rice while we enjoyed some of our favorite Korean dishes. Ryan ate dinner at home before going but loved sampling a few Korean items. He LOVED the white rice and was shoveling it. He seriously couldn't get enough of it. It was so cute. When we got home I found white rice stuck all over his pants and on his socks.

I think Ryan is starting to feel better. His ear still has that gross smell but he isn't as whiny and was much happier today. He enjoyed a nice visit with his Auntie Theresa and his cousins Sydney and Noah this afternoon. He also napped for an hour and half both in the morning and the afternoon and woke up happy from both naps. He fell asleep tonight while I was giving him his bottle which doesn't usually happen. I laid him in his crib and he woke up but didn't cry. All I could hear was him talking to his little fishies in is musical aquarium which he absolutely loves. Now all I hear is silence. He slept through the night last night so I am hoping for the same tonight. He is such a good little boy and after two weeks of being home, spite the fact he has been sick pretty much the entire time, he is doing so well. I hope he continues to be happy and I pray that this darn ear infection goes away!!!

Ryan and Mommy



Enjoying some puffs



Check out the rice on the wall



Chopsticks



Handsome



Ryan was definitely...

5 comments:

  1. Love it! He's so cute. Wow! Sleeping thru the night is awesome! Hope the ear situation continues to get better. Love us some Korean food, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so cute, & you look amazing!! Hope I look that put-together with a new baby at home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our first meal out was Korean too! We mixed soup and rice and Parker was in happy. Your son is darling! KDjackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recognize that "worth the wait" shirt :) Haven't even met him yet, and I know that's the absolute truth. You guys are beautiful together! God does GOOD work :)

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations forever family!
    What is the bib mat he is using? I think I need one as a clean freak who's adopting from Korea next week.

    ReplyDelete