Thursday, February 11, 2010

Baby Food & Ramblings

Today was my attempt to making my own baby food. Yikes!!!! My kitchen was a disaster and it literally took me most of the morning and well into the afternoon. It's way more work than I thought it was going to be but I really wanted to try it. I bought a few recipe books that are filled with all kinds of yummy recipes. Some are really quick and easy and others are a little more time consuming. I really enjoyed it but was not expecting it to take as long as it did. I only made it through the veggies. Tomorrow I will tackle the fruits and a meat or two. After tomorrow I will probably have about a months supply of baby food. I'm definitely not going to make ALL of the food as I already started stocking up on jar food as well. I will just have to wait and see what Ryan likes best and then go from there. Either way, it was a learning experience.

My plan over the next couple of days will be to make a few meals and freeze them. My goal is to have about 10 meals frozen so for the first two weeks after we get home from Korea I won't have to worry about cooking dinner. One less thing to worry about. Plus, I'm sure some of my wonderful family members will help with dinners too.

Other than that nothing is new. I would however like to give a special thanks to mother nature who has shut down the federal government in D.C.for the last 4 days which could possibly be holding things up. I'm praying that this is not the case but with our luck, it is. I just want Ryan home and to be completely honest I DON'T WANT TO WAIT ANYMORE!!!! Joey is so tired of me repeating myself over and over saying that I don't want to wait anymore. This is probably the most commonly used line that has been coming out of my mouth lately and at least a dozen times of day!! At this point, I really don't know what else to say other than I just want my baby home and in my arms. Next week has got to be the week we get our travel call or I will seriously lose my mind and that won't be good for anyone.

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking about you guys! The waiting must be torture...not having control or knowing when you're going to get that call. I'm praying that it is next week!! You are going to be such a great mom!!

    ReplyDelete