Wednesday, February 17, 2010

No such luck

I'm beginning to become very frustrated with this little thing called waiting. Last Thursday I called the visa center with no luck and promised myself that I would wait until Wednesday of this week before calling again. So, today I called with pretty high hopes that SOMETHING would have happened. As I dialed the phone I notice how sweaty my hands were and how my stomach was doing flip flops from being so nervous to call. After being on hold for 17 minutes I was connected to a visa representative to quickly learn that there still hasn't been a visa interview for Ryan. I asked the lady if she knew why things were taking so long and she didn't really have an answer for me other than she didn't know. She said that it's on Korea's end and there isn't any way to know what the hold up is. I wish I knew. I think that's why this is so difficult. The not knowing is really hard and gets more difficult with each passing day.

I really thought that this was going to be the week we got our long awaited travel call. I thought we would be on our way to Korea this weekend. That's certainly not going to be the case now. To be honest, it's very disappointing that things are taking a little longer than I had pictured in my mind. I really don't know what else to say other than the infamous line I say all the time "I don't want to wait anymore!!!"

Let's hope that tomorrow brings us better luck. I am at least hoping that he will have his interview at some point this week. If he does then our travel call should come sometime next week. We'll see. Let the waiting continue, along with the prayers and patience. Well, maybe minus the patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment