Friday, February 12, 2010

So close, but not really

Two weeks ago today we received our I-600 approval in the mail. I thought for sure by now there would have been a visa interview scheduled for Ryan. Well, I finally got through to the Visa Center in D.C. this morning after my third try and they informed me that as of today there still is yet to be a visa interview scheduled for him. I was so frustrated because I would have thought for sure that when I finally got a hold of someone at the visa center they would have had happier news for me. I was informed however that his Packet 3 was sent and received in Korea on February 5th. Not really sure what that means. Point is, he still hasn't had his visa interview and there still isn't an appointment made for him to go. Oh well. There isn't much I can do at this point but continue to wait. I know this may sound crazy, but the closer we get, the more difficult it is for me to be patient.

I sit here and think about Ryan all the time, no matter what I'm doing, he's on my mind. I try to picture what is doing and how much he has change since his referral pictures. I can't help but think that his foster family is starting to get a little sad knowing that he will soon be leaving their family. This weekend in Korea Ryan will experience his one and only Lunar New Year celebration which is a very important holiday that consists of celebrating with close family and friends.

We are just about half way through February and I pray that my "hopeful prediction" will still hold true. I just want my baby home soon. I know we are in the home stretch and so close, but some days it feels that we have so far to go. We'll see what next week will bring :)

No comments:

Post a Comment